Monday, January 9, 2012

OpenStack + Ubuntu = Perfect Environment for iOS and Android

To begin my senior capstone course at Temple University, I need to configure a computer that will act as my mobile device's 'confidante' in which a fraction of Access Control is granted to. So, I dug out an old computer desktop that I had (Pentium 4 w/ HyperThreading!, 512MB RAM, 160GB Hard Drive, and a 100 MBit Ethernet controller)... Yeah. It is bottlenecking and louder than a heavy man in a three legged race. However, it will make due.

On my tests to perfect Access Control in the iOS and Android Operating System I would like to take a cloud server-based approach. I have set up a development server (Ubuntu 10.04 + OpenStack API installed and running soon). With this I will begin testing and start initiating some cloud-based responses to actions called for by a mobile device (primarily an Android phone, but would REALLY like to fiddle with iOS. Details to come later, just wanted to let you know the development server is UP!

Any questions: skylarjrudolph@gmail.com OR rudolphproductions@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment