Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Deck Workout, Ubuntu 10.04 in Parallels, and some Electric Mist

The Deck Workout v1.0.1 has been released and is now live on the iTunes App Store.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-deck-workout/id491997392?ls=1&mt=8

Keeping myself busy for the past week has been an easy challenge with work that needed to be done for my research project quickly piling up. My day started at 7 this morning with a trip to the gym and getting my workout done early so that the rest of my day can be focused on work.

Now to work.
Update: I figured out that installing a server on a Virtual Machine was exactly what I needed to develop easily on ONE computer without the need to worry about any connection problems for now. This will be addressed later, but for the time being this will suffice. So the LAMP package (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP/PERL) is installed and ready to roll! To develop in the next week is a VERY Basic connection to the server with the iPhone using ASIHTTPRequest library and then be able to send an XML-RPC (XML based Remote Procedure Call) up to the server. I have learned about these calls but have yet to implement them. Now the question is what is the best way to parse these XML's? I believe that I will try DOM because of my previous experience with it, however because the size of the file is SO small, I may even try a SAX-based XML for creating the XML-RPC.










And for the album of the week: Metaform - Electric Mist. Really good album, really caught my attention after listening to it about 4 or 5 times. Must say that it is very catchy and modern. Songs to listen to: Strange Girl, Candy, and Revenge of a Nerd. Check it out. here are some Youtube videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment