Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Creeping out of the Woodwork (Literally)

Hi fans,

I know that it has been ~ 2 years since my last post, but I wanted to update everyone on where I am at now.

Some new side projects that I am working on that have been keeping me active during this FREEZING winter season (cough, cough, Pennsylvania).

1.) I have become infatuated with the uses of iBeacon (Apple's Bluetooth Low Energy protocol) so I have looked into developing a module for my personal needs.

What do you need?

  • BLE112/BLED112/BLE113 bluetooth chip from BlueGiga
  • TI CC Debugger (this will be used for flashing the firmware onto the chip)
  • BLE112/BLE113 breakout board (This will be the PCB for your BLE11X device)
  • Breadboard
  • Wires
  • Header pins
  • Windows PC
  • Soldering Iron
  • Solder
  • Steady Hand
  • Ventilation


Once you have all of these you will need to go to here.

Here you will find all of the necessary uses for your iBeacon. I will update all of you when my iBeacon components arrive.

2.) Another project that I am working on is an in-house CNC machine. This is taking up most of my time because of the ~ 50 pieces that it contains. This will be a fun project for me to work on because I have always wanted a CNC of my own to do custom cuts with. The parts in total compound rather quickly (if you don't have ANY work tools at home, or are a recent college graduate). By the time that you acquire a band saw, drill press, wood, accessories (safety first), along with the precious time it takes to cut everything out it is becoming a hobby that I respect the longer that I do it. Mostly because I want to see it become assembled over time. My first "full" cut will be a Hnefatafl board. Right now I am about 1/2 way done cutting each stencil out with an X-acto knife and gluing them properly to my 1/2" birch stock. Please show your interest and likes when you can!

Here is what the final CNC will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment